How does it work?
It's as easy as 1-2-3!
2. Reduce dollar-for-dollar what you pay in Arizona income tax.
3. Benefit the entire community.
The number and the needs of the less fortunate in Arizona have never been greater. Men and women who have been able to take care of themselves and their families in the past have lost their jobs, their savings, their homes, and their health care coverage.
If you donate to The Salvation Army in Arizona by Tax Day 2020, you can claim a tax credit for 2019 that reduces dollar-for-dollar what you pay in state income tax.
Couples who file jointly can reduce their state taxes by up to $800; individuals or head of household filers can claim a tax credit of up to $400.
The money you would otherwise pay in taxes can benefit your community through the good work of The Salvation Army.
Did you know that The Salvation Army is a qualifying agency under the Arizona Credit for Contributions to a Qualifying Charitable Organization? Your donation to The Salvation Army can reduce your tax bill dollar-for-dollar through a state tax credit.
Here are some frequently asked questions to get you started:
1. Will my donation qualify for the tax credit? This tax credit applies to anyone who will have an Arizona state income tax liability. Using this tax credit does not prevent you from benefitting from other types of Arizona state tax credits. When you send a gift, you’ll receive an official receipt for tax purposes.
2. How much can I donate to qualify for the tax credit? Taxpayers filing as “single,” “head of household,” or “married filing separate” status may claim a maximum credit of $400. Taxpayers that file as “married filing jointly” may claim a maximum credit of $800. You don’t have to itemize deductions to claim a credit for contributions to a qualifying charitable organization.
For more details on the tax credit, please visit www.azdor.gov.
3. Why should I consider this tax credit? A tax credit is significantly more beneficial than a tax deduction. A tax credit reduces your taxes, dollar-for-dollar.
4. What portion of my donor dollar goes to directly support Salvation Army programs and services? More than 82 cents of every dollar you give will assist hardworking poor families here in Arizona. You’ll give them the assistance they so desperately need right now — and offer a leg up for the future by helping them become more self-sufficient.
5. How will my donation help those in need in my community? Every year in Arizona — because of support from generous friends like you — The Salvation Army in Arizona is able to:
• serve around 1 million meals to hungry neighbors.
• offer hundreds of kids the experience of a lifetime at Camp Ponderosa.
• provide new backpacks and school supplies to thousands of children.
• support around 5,000 individuals and families with utility assistance.
• provide outreach, activities, shelter and meals to lonely seniors.
• distribute Christmas toys to tens of thousands of local girls and boys.
• help nearly 300,000 people in Arizona!
Please consider making a generous gift today. You’ll make life brighter for even more seniors, families, and children in our community. Your gift of any amount will change lives, so please don’t wait.